Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Wishing On A Star.



I think we're all hoping Free will get a record deal soon and put out her long awaited debut album. But could it be that Free has already struck a deal that we are unaware of? Well, I'm wishing on a star for that one. I received this email back in August from DJ K~Sly of LA's 100.3 The Beat.

Hey hey...thanks for your info. Yes, she did have a finished album, but has to record some more b/c it was shelved. Free doesn't plan to put out all of the old material, so, she's recording some new tracks. She had a deal previously, but is looking for new representation.
Peace & blessings..K.


And this is from January's BV Buzz with Jawn Murray.

...Word is out that Q-Tip has signed with Motown Records, but I hear he's not the only one joining the roster of the famed label. Sources say that Tamia, Pras of The Fugees, '106 & Park' host Free and Chauncey Hannibal of Blackstreet have all struck solo deals with the label as well. Both Tamia and Free, if the reports pan out, would have followed Sylvia Rhone over to Motown from their previous stints at the defunct Elektra Records.

Now, Q-Tip currently has a deal with Motown, so......? I'll let y'all draw your own conclusions. But I will say that this move would be a lot more logical for Free than the aforementioned Def Jam. Either way, Free says she's "focused man" so anything is definitely possible.



*By the way, I'm gonna get ghost for the rest of the week, but I'll be back on Monday to keep y'all updated. Until then, sit tight and have a blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments: