Friday, February 17, 2006

The Inc, Warner, Atlantic, Sony.... What?!

I'm honestly confused with this whole Murder Inc. ordeal. I still don't feel any particular way about the situation, which is kinda weird to me. No, scratch that. I don't really want Free to go that route. Hopefully, Irv is only going to work on a couple of tracks on her album, something I would prefer much more. But anyway, we shall proceed.

Apparently, Irv Gotti was or is, supposed to hold a high position over at Warner/Atlantic Records. That deal hasn't panned out yet and it's not for certain if it will either. This is where Sony comes into the picture. It seems that Irv's alternate choice is Sony Records, where he will start over from scratch with a his new label. AllHipHop.com's Illseed explains it a little bit better than me in one of his January rumors.


WHAT’S IRV GONNA DO WITH THE INC?

Ok, I was under the impression that Irv was going to go and take The Inc to Atlantic with his pal Lyor Cohen, right? Like I said, I did hear he was over there. Anyway, now I am hearing something totally different. I’m getting rumors that’s Irv may actually dismantle The Inc after the whole federal debacle. He won, but any good gambler knows when to fold ‘em. Well, on top of that, I’m hearing he might actually go with Sony, not Atlantic to start all over again. On a side note, I heard Charli Baltimore has a dis record coming out, but we’ll see…we’ll see about it all!

Got that? Good. LOL. I was rummaging through different Murder Inc. websites to see if I could find anything about Free's rumored signing (which seems to have been a rumor for quite some time) and I eventually did on MurderInc-Online.com's message board. I read the comments about the possible signing and I must say that I found them quite amusing. Some of the members thought adding Free to the Inc.'s roster would be a good idea and of course, some of them didn't. A lot of the comments made me laugh. My favorite was.........

"u put a dollar in my hand, im a part of any plan" she sounds down to me.

To read the rest of the comments, visit the message board at MurderInc-Online.com.

3 comments:

FunkyFresh said...

I like the way you think. LOL. I don't know, I was thinking about it (for the thousandth time) and all of a sudden I didn't like the idea of it anymore. But I guess anything to hear Free's album.

Anonymous said...

I think that she shouldnt sign with Murder Inc. nomore because everybody that sign with murder inc. dont do good. she should go somewhere like universal or warner.

FunkyFresh said...

It could be that Irv will sign her to whatever parent company he takes The Inc. to. He could just be working on Free's album. Some of this info seems suspect so it looks like we'll have to keep on waiting.

I would be so excited to finally hear Free's album. If she has the potential to sign with all of these labels, then you know her album must be crazy.