Friday, February 10, 2006

You Can't Do That......

I'm feeling so crazy right now so I'm not even gonna mess around with pictures or finding something humorous to say. I'm just gonna tell y'all what's been on my mind for a minute. And that would be this.....I HATE the way some people speak about Free. No, I'm not asking anyone to like her, that's not the point of this post. But, I have a real problem with people who set limitations on the abilities of other people. Who messed around and made you God? Someone's dreams and aspirations are not a joke to them. What are you living for if you don't have a dream to aspire after?

A lot of people say Free can't do what she wants to do, which is have a music career, because of her supposed "age." Now, I'm going to address this once, and once only. You, as well as I, don't know her true age. Frankly, I could give a damn so stop leaving these matter of fact messages for me, they will be deleted. You know how many "Classes of....." I've heard? Far too many for any of them to be true. And if they are true, I don't believe you, you need more people. Some people might say I'm in denial, call it what you want, I don't care. Just because I don't believe you doesn't mean anything, especially not to me. Question: Who gave you the right to say so and so can't do this or that because of circumstances? Answer: No one, that's who.

You're probably going,"she's just mad 'cause....Free never did this or Free is that." Nah, homie, I promise that whatever reason you came up with isn't it. You think I was never disappointed when Free said that sh*t would drop and it wouldn't? Damn, you think she wasn't? All of that doesn't mean that you can continuously doubt someone's talent without actually giving that person a chance. No one took Jamie Foxx seriously until recently but his talent was always there, wasn't it? He killed it in Ray and Collateral and his album is crazy hot.

People think that because Free was on TV that she can't do anything else or that she's dying without it. When y'all look at the recent pics of her, all most people see is stuff that doesn't even matter (and stuff that I don't see). Have you noticed that she's smiling in almost every one? Free isn't dying, she's still alive. Both "Focus" and "Close To Me" were ridiculous joints and in her own words, she's "a fighter." Free's 'gon be just fine.

And for those of you who think I made this post especially for you, you're really not that special to me, so get that out ya head. I'm stepping off of my soap box now, but everything I said doesn't amount to what Free said herself.

"People were always saying, you can't do this, you can't do that. I decided to name myself 'Free' because if you always listen to what people say, they can stop you from doing what you want to do. I just want to be able to do what I want to do, be me, and not worry about what everybody says."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID. PEOPLE DO NEED TO STOP WORRYING HOW OLD SHE IS CAUSE AGE AINT NOTHING BUT A NUMBER. SHE IS STILL YOUNG IN MY BOOK. SHE IS A BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED ARTIST AND I WILL SUPPORT HER IN WHATEVER SHE DO. MATTER OF FACT SHE CAN RAP AND SING BETTER THAN SOME OF THESE ARTIST THAT ARE OUT NOW BUT YA'LL NEED TO JUST GIVE HER A CHANCE. BUT ON THE REAL STOP DOUBTING HER.

FunkyFresh said...

Wow. You know the crazy thing about the info on Wikipedia? I looked at that on Friday and only half of that info was there. I thought when you told me to look at it that I would see the same stuff I did before. I was doing searches on Free's potential record label yesterday and I almost typed in Murder Inc. Talk about irony. Thanks so much for that.

Anonymous said...

i think that if she go to murder inc that wouldnt be a good move for her as an artist because u know 50 cent dont like nobody with murder inc..not even ashanti. but if she do go i will still love her and listen to her music.

FunkyFresh said...

Y'all can continue your conversation in the post I made especially for this topic.

Anonymous said...

Yo, I'm one dem oldschool niggas that grew up wit no money for cable or many other luxories. Plus I dont listen to the radio much cuz every time i try I have turn it off once I hear the candy-ass beat, weak rhymes, and corny songs. So I guess I was pretty much only tuned to my own private collection of cd's for several years (which includes the Can-I-Bus album) so I didn't even know Free was on tv until like 18 months ago. Now she's off tha air. (excuse me while I wipe my tear) The point of my lifestory is this: FUCK AGE. I just have lately been checkin her out on da computer when i get a chance, but shit- I knew she was hot when I heard her spit on Canibus' joint. Homegirl's cold- verbally and in tha looks department cuz tha chick's FINE. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that Jay-z, Nas, and the like are almost old nuff to be worryin bout prostate cancer. lol. But fuhget that. Not much else is worth listenin to anymore. Whenever I see her album come- better buhlieve I'll be payin a grip to get that piece a lyrical paradise.
-Educated Slave