Sunday, February 12, 2006

Is Free Headed Over To Murder Inc?

That's exactly what it looks like according to Wikipedia.com. Apparently, our speculations of Free signing to Def Jam and Motown Records were true. But pregnancy rumors and unsure feelings led Free to decline both deals. So, what are we at now, 5 deals? LOL. Anyway, I'm glad Free didn't sign to Def Jam, it would have been too weird. Okay, so where does Murder Inc. fit into the picture? It seems as if Free is in talks with Irv Gotti's new label after gracing the remix to "Focus" on Ashanti's latest effort. Irv is hoping to make her the "future female rapper" on his premiere label. She is said to be back in the studio recording new tracks for her debut album.

I don't how I feel about Free signing to Murder Inc. The label is full of past controversy, but I feel that both parties are focused and it would be a good look for her. Despite all the possible drama, and whatever else may come, I would be extremely happy just to hear Free's long awaited album. And for those of you thinking, what about Free's relationship with 50? I honestly don't believe he would come at Free crazy. I think they have a mutual respect for each other and too much history for all of that. Remember: this is pure speculation and is not confirmed by any source, take it with a grain of salt. I've said my piece so tell me what you think about it.

I want to send a BIG, HUGE, too cold to hold shout out to PrInCe Of GaNgStA & bLuEz for putting me onto this info. Thank you so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a good move but on the other hand I dont think it is good. But I hope she do it big and be the only female rapper to actually do something.

FunkyFresh said...

Okay, so a lot of people want to know what I think about this move. First off, we don't know if this info is true or final. It's kinda weird for me because I don't really feel too much about this move. I mean, I don't see it as bad, but I do think that Free has some better choices. I'm not sure what other label Irv's venture is in conjuction with, but I'm thinking that Free would be more signed to them than him.

I don't think too much controversy will surround Free if she does decide to sign with Muder Inc. There's no such thing as bad publicity, right? Another option that we seem to be missing, is that Free might just be signing to a major label and working with Irv on a couple of tracks. Things that make you say hmmmm......LOL. Tell me what you think.

Anonymous said...

i feel u funky fresh.

FunkyFresh said...

Why is a link to this site at the end of the Wikipedia article now? Hmmm....this info seems kinda suspect to me now.